Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm chalking that math freakout to temporary insanity. I'm sticking with what we're doing. Why wouldn't I? It's working. Sweet Pea is happy. I'm happy. Breathe in, breathe out. Whew.
On that vein, we're getting the Challenging Word Problems before they sell out. I'm so bummed that they aren't going to keep publishing them. I can understand it, but I'm disappointed.
I'm also happy to say that Sweet Pea's reading is increasingly fluid and coherent. She's also retaining what she reads and can answer comprehension questions when she's through.
We've begun to use those questions to lead her into a Charlotte Mason style narrative practice. She's doing pretty well, and I'm pleased that we're starting now and that I've read enough about it to know to keep it short and to the point.
Little Bird successfully completed her first tanagram today! So proud. I didn't get any pictures, though, because we were out of the house all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails