Friday, May 22, 2009

We're in a slight academic holding pattern at the moment. We have relatives from Texas staying here so we've been focusing on catching up. Sweet Pea does a little handwriting and her reading, but I'm not having her do much else.

In the evenings, though, I've begun planning for fall. I have the first 4 chapters of Story of the World, Vol. 1 planned and I've picked the things from the activity guide that I think will fit best. I've also begun my science planning for next year. I picked the 20 animals for the first part of the year- so far I think we're going to study tigers, elephants, zebras, hippopotamii, wolves, bears, gorillas, lemurs, armadillos, walruses, whales, eagles, owls, penguins, komodo dragons, frogs and toads, seahorses, sharks, worms, and spiders. I've also started looking at resources for the next unit- the human body study. And I'm reasonably set that we'll use Rod and Staff's grade 2 science as the base for the botany study.
Copywork requires little to no advance planning- I'm using Memoria Press's cursive copybook and they planned it out. Same with Prima Latina. We'll start with the suggested schedule and tweak it from there. Math I'll do the way we did it last year. I still haven't received the First Language Lessons or the Complete Writer, so I don't have a good grasp on that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails