Monday, January 18, 2010

Weeds, wildflowers, and muffins

We're talking about the days of the week in math. Sweet Pea knows the names, but the order in places still throws her off.


Today we finished the chapter in science on wildflowers and weeds. Sweet Pea found it very interesting that flowers can be weeds, depending on if they are wanted or not. We also discussed some of the farming terms used, like cultivation, since those aren't part of our daily vernacular.


These may be our new favorite muffins- banana and apple! It's also a good exercise in patience and measuring. MMMM.



I'm also still hashing out plans for this summer and next fall. Right now I think I'm set on math and phonics. And handwriting. I had thought that I was set on science, but apparently not. I'm pretty set on history. The rest is in the air.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! We'll likely be doing a bit of botany again in the spring. My children always like dissecting flowers. They get so intense!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails