Monday, April 11, 2011

I could never do it

After a move you meet a lot of new people. I LOVE doing that! I'm a people person and I thrive on new faces and relationships.

Everyone has been so kind and supportive of our wacky homeschooling ways. I'm really glad!

One thing I've heard over the last few years is from people is that they could never homeschool and I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I used to be that way. I think I'm an unlikely homeschool and it's not something I thought I'd do before I was doing it.

And yet we love it (most days, anyway). It's really become enmeshed in the fabric of our family life and now I can't imagine NOT being a homeschooler.

I think that there is a lot of support out there for new homeschoolers, if you get tapped into the community. That's vital, because without it it's daunting and tough- and something many of us wouldn't be able to do.

That would be my biggest piece of advice to someone considering homeschooling- look for support. You probably CAN do it- if you want/need to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails