Monday, May 30, 2011

Little Bird

Teaching a four year old to read requires a lot of patience. Mine is sweet, but wiggly and silly. When I can get her to sit and snuggle, she's doing really well!

I am using a combination of Hooked on Phonics K and the Ordinary Parent's Guide. I think I've said that a few times :) but I really like the combo! Neither program requires handwriting which I prefer at this stage.

She's also working on Cursive First. Right now we're working on properly writing numbers.

We are also slowly working through Saxon Math K. Little Bird has a good sense for numbers and increasing and taking away. We have a book from the library right now that uses M&M's for math- it's really cute!! She enjoys being able to eat the problems. :)

She also really enjoys the Little House on the Prairie (our current read aloud).

She's right on track for my goals for her pre-Kindy year. Go, Little Bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails