Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 3

If I can figure out how to post pictures from the iPad without them being huge and grainy, I'll start adding more pics again. If not, I will still add pics but less frequently because then I have to steal my husband's laptop to manage it.

This week Sweet Pea daily worked on math, writing, science, and we added the Sonlight Core E back in. She does this by herself with help as needed, then I correct with her and she fixes her mistakes.

Little Bird is working on handwriting with Cursive First. She is still perfecting her numbers, then we embark on the exciting world of cursive letters. Once she can easily make all the numbers, I plan to add math in daily. She's also doing phonics daily and has almost completed the kindy phonics program from Hooked on Phonics. After she does we will move sideways into the Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading. She's also having time with me daily for Sonlight Core A. We are currently using their Language Arts as well, but I will drop that once she can write well and then we will do copy work.

We start the school day together with religion, both girls and my little boy following along as they are able. Right now we start with Egermeier's Bible Storybook. We then sing a hymn from LSB together a few times, working on the same one until we all know it. I then read any applicable Arch Books from Cph that go along with the Bible storybook reading, we recite the three chief parts of the Catechism, I read a section from My First Catechism from Cph, and then we sing the hymn again. We close with Luther's morning prayer.

After this my two year old is ready to wander away to play with blocks, color, or do playdoh.

Both girls stay at the table so I can work closely with Little Bird and help Sweet Pea as needed.

So far, this has worked really well! I'm hoping it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails