Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First grade, second run through

I'm a planner. This lets me change my mind and tweak at will. It also means I start early.

In the fall Little Bird will be in first grade. I'm looking at what I already have and what I want to try.

Math: Saxon 1-2, depending on where she is
Life of Fred
Manipulatives to cement concepts
The only thing I need to buy here are new workbooks for the Saxon.

Reading: We are making great progress through my Hooked on Phonics set. She has nine pages remaining in the 1st grade kit, and then we start the 2nd grade kit. After that I will switch to the Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading, with supplements from McGuffey's readers. All of this I already have.

Writing: We are currently using Cursive First. I had this already, as well. After she finishes that we will start copy work, but I'm not quite sure what to use yet.

Science- Sweet Pea wants to do chemistry next. Little Bird won't be ready for that, so we will probably do plants or something. I don't know. I have all the books I need here, though.

History: I think I'm doing European next year with my biggest. I will probably let her follow along.

Art: I already have everything I need for art appreciation.

Music: I'd really like her to try piano again. We will see if her fine motor is up to it.

PE: Comtinue Irish dance. Easy!

Foreign Language: switching to Spanish. Probably need to post about that.

Religion: The Story Bible, catechism, Lutheranism 101 for kids. I already have all of this.

I'm compiling a book list, but that will be a stand alone post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails