Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter is here!

And I missed the very beginning. We are still south of home in Nebraska enjoying the (relative) warmth, and tomorrow we begin the long trek home.
I figured out that we need 16 more days to have the semester done- that's exciting! Half way through is in sight! It's also a little daunting, as well. Mostly exciting, though.
One of the main things I want to work on this next semester is Sweet Pea's reading stamina. Her ability to read has far outpaced her ability to sit and focus on sentences and paragraphs- she's looking at a block of words and getting frustrated instead of focusing just on where she is. So things that she wants to read and can read in theory are not getting read unless I read them. I'm not sure if we should keep moving forward in phonics while working on that, or just focus on confidence and getting through multiple sentences without getting freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails